Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
There are many inconveniences that we daily address in our homes. Some are mundane, daily chores and all the necessary tasks that keep a home running. But then there are other inconveniences, home maintenance inconveniences that need our attention, and if our attention is distracted somewhere else, the problems increase. Mold is one of those inconveniences.
Science, and really basic observation, tell us that it only takes two days for mold to take root and claim space in your home. Mold is naturally occurring, it's natures process for taking dead things and turning them back into dirt. This is all well and good, except when it's your home.
At SERVPRO of Cranston our teams have the relevant training, the right experience, and the necessary tools to tackle mold in your home. We cannot eliminate mold, the nature of mold prevents us from doing this, mold is microscopic and a natural part of a healthy home. But we do address mold colonies and problem areas that threaten healthy living environments.
Read our tips section below to learn more about how you can address and identify your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (800) 734-0602
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Cranston for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Cranston has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Cranston proudly serves Cranston, West Warwick, Coventry, and surrounding areas.