“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
There is a vast divide between a restoration tech and a restoration tech. Do you see it?
On paper they may look similar, or even the same. They both claim the title, they both have mold remediation language on their vehicles, but not all restoration techs are created equal. There are many dubious restoration companies who are here today and gone tomorrow and advertise mold removal services. But, in their own advertising is their very mistake. Mold isn't removed, it's remediated. Mold cannot be removed because mold is naturally occurring, microscopic and a part of all healthy environments. To claim to remove mold is to claim something that's not possible.
Remediation, unlike removal, is a focus on identification and intervention. Identifying the mold colonies, the sources of moisture and then addressing these very problem areas.
If you find mold, make sure the next thing you find is our number.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (800) 734-0602
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (800) 734-0602
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Cranston is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2010 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: